Cheesy Bacon and Cauliflower frittata mini bites
These cheesy bacon cauliflower frittata bites pack in some veg but are still less than 1g carbs per portion. These taste just like a quiche without the pastry crust and are super quick to whip up a batch to keep in the fridge for a quick protein packed low carb breakfast, packed lunch or a portable snack. These are equally delicious served warm or straight from the fridge or lunch box.
To cook use a mini or standard size silicon muffin tin placed on a baking tray for stability. These tend to stick in a metal tin so it is well worth investing a few pennies in the silicon version (and they are easier to wash up too!)
Cheesy bacon and cauliflower
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium cauliflower grated into 'cauliflower rice' in the food processor
- salt to season
- 30mls water
- 3 eggs
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 rashers of cooked bacon, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and spray muffin tin with cooking spray
- In a saucepan with a lid, steam the cauiflower rice in the water for about 10 minutes until softened. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and cheese and mix thoroughly then fold in the cooled cauliflower rice.
- Divide the bacon pieces between the muffin tins.
- Fill the muffin tins 3/4 full with the cheesy, cauliflower egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the centre is set and the top golden brown