Cheesy chorizo courgette bites
These cheesy chorizo courgette bites are veg packed, low carb and are perfect for a low carb breakfast or low carb packed lunch option. The main source of carbs are the courgette in this recipe at 6g carbs per medium courgette but check the carb count on the chorizo as this is a potential source of hidden carbs (mine had 2g/100g carbs)
I make a batch of these in advance and store n tupperware in the fridge so I can grab a quick lunch with a handful of rocket.
cheesy chorizo courgette bites
- 2 medium courgettes, grated
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 medium eggs
- 50ml double cream
- 100g chorizo, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Spray a silicon muffin tin with coconut cooking spray
- In a bowl combine the grated courgette, cheddar, double cream and eggs and mix thoroughly
- Slice the chorizo into slices, then quarter each slice and divide between the muffin cups
- Spoon the cheesy courgette mixture into muffin cups so each is 3 quarters full.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until the centre is set and the top golden brown