Low carb pancakes for pancake day
Pancakes make a great low carb breakfast or dessert any day of the week…… But don’t miss out on some pancake day fun if you are following a low carb way of eating. These low carb pancakes are so quick and easy to make you won’t want to wait for pancake day.
i find these pancakes are fine without any sweetener but that may be because my pallet has changed since low carbing and I don’t need any sweetness
Serve with low carb toppings…… Greek yoghurt and a few berries- or my favourite peanut butter!
- 50g cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 scoop (30g) of low carb protein powder (i use the unflavoured or vanilla flavour)knob of butter or coconut oil for frying
- Whizz all the ingredients together in a nutribullet. If the batter is too thick add a dash of almond milk.
- Heat a non stick pan on the hob with a small knob of butter. I have a crepe pan which has transformed my pancake making...... They turn out great every time
- Spoon a ladle of mixture into the pan. You want to create thicker American style pancakes rather than the super thin French crepes. Swirl the pan to spread the mixture then allow to cook without touching for 1 minute,
- loosen the edges with a silicon spatula then flip the pancake and cook for a minute on the other side